TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology opens its Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference schedule on the road at Mount St. Joseph on Saturday afternoon.
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman looks to bounce back after a pair of non-conference losses in the league opener on Saturday.
* Andrew Dion leads the offense with 178 passing yards and two touchdowns. Sawyer Young had a pair of receiving touchdowns last weekend to pace his targets.
* Garrett Wight leads the team in rushing yards (110) and is tied for the team lead in pass receptions with Adam Sturgeon (5).
* Jake Zimmerman added his first career touchdown reception last weekend.
* Defensively, Mike Riley leads the team in tackles-for-loss (4.5) and has 14 total tackles.
* Carter Hounshell and John Kirby lead the team with 15 tackles each.
* Matt Michalak has provided defensive line depth with 2.5 tackles-for-loss, two sacks and one fumble recovery.
* Riley was named a first-team preseason All-American by four national organizations after leading all of NCAA football (D-I, II, III and NAIA) with 17 sacks during the 2017 regular season.
* Rose-Hulman was ranked No. 19 in preseason rankings by Football America and No. 20 by Street & Smith's Magazine entering the 2018 campaign.
MOUNT ST. JOSEPH NOTES:
* Mount St. Joseph has a 1-1 record after defeating Capital in the season opener and falling to FCS non-scholarship Morehead State last weekend.
* Chaiten Tomlin threw seven touchdown passes in a season opening 59-21 win over Capital. Tomlin finished 21-28 for 442 yards in the team's 59-21 win.
* A.J. Glines has been Tomlin's favorite target so far this season with 11 receptions for 152 yards and three touchdowns.
* Two Mount St. Joseph receivers are over 20 yards per catch in Chase Pankey (26.3) and Grayson Roberts (20.5).
* Tavon Robertson leads the Lions defense with 22 tackles.
* Mount St. Joseph leads 10-6
* Current Streak: Rose-Hulman won 1
* Last Meeting: RHIT 35, MSJ 10 in 2017
* Last MSJ Win: MSJ 45, RHIT 27 in 2016
DID YOU KNOW?
* Head coach Jeff Sokol has a 42-14 record and a .750 winning percentage in HCAC games since taking over as Rose-Hulman coach in 2011.