TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and Franklin College meet in a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference matchup on Saturday. The matchup features the last two NCAA Division III tournament teams from the HCAC in Franklin (2017) and Rose-Hulman (2016).
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman picked up its first win of the 2018 season 19-12 over Manchester last Saturday night at Cook Stadium.
* The defense forced five interceptions and punter Seth Knoll pinned the Spartans inside the 10-yard line three times to play key roles in the victory.
* Knoll was named HCAC Special Teams Player of the Week after pinning Manchester inside the 20-yard line on all four of his punts. On the season, Knoll has punted six times and all six have ended up inside the opponent's 20-yard line.
* John Kirby was named HCAC Defensive Player of the Week for his efforts against Manchester. Kirby recorded 11 total tackles and returned an interception 25 yards to help lead the defensive performance.
* Offensively, Maxwell Hatch rushed for a team-high 78 yards and his first career rushing touchdown to pace Rose-Hulman. Andrew Dion passed for 118 yards and rushed for one touchdown.
* Garrett Wight was the 2017 HCAC rushing champion and rushed for a season-high 129 yards at Mount St. Joseph. Wight has rushed for over 100 yards in a game six times.
* Mike Riley was a first-team preseason All-American from four national organizations after leading all of NCAA football with 17 sacks in 2017.
* Franklin made seven NCAA Division III Tournament appearances in this decade, qualifying in 2010-15 and 2017. Rose-Hulman broke the streak by earning the 2016 bid.
* Franklin has a record of 59-2 (.967) in HCAC games since 2010.
* Braden Smith leads the offense at 83-121 passing for 1,048 yards and 11 touchdowns in three games.
* Jacob Earl has rushed for 345 yards and five touchdowns with an 8.6 average-per-carry.
* Brad Bonomini leads the receivers with 27 receptions for 444 yards and five scores.
* The balanced defense features four players with 15+ tackles.
* Franklin leads 41-24-2
* Current Streak: Franklin won 1
* HCAC Era: Franklin leads 10-2
* Last Meeting: FC 29, RH 22, 2017
* Last RH Win: RH 23, FC 22, 2016
DID YOU KNOW?
* Jeff Sokol seeks his 50th career win on Saturday, entering the contest with a 49-26 record (.653). His mark in HCAC play stands at 43-15 (.741).