TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and Anderson University will meet in the Fightin' Engineer Athletic Hall of Fame Game on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. The 2018 Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Class includes Jennifer (Gordon) Braus '08; Doug Plumer '82; and Rebekah (Forsyth) Wojak '08 (COMPLETE HALL OF FAME INFO AVAILABLE HERE).
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 2-2 in conference play with home wins over Manchester and Bluffton.
* The 19-12 win over Manchester was highlighted by 78 rushing yards from Maxwell Hatch, HCAC Defensive Player of the Week honors for John Kirby (11 tackles, 1 INT), and HCAC Special Teams Player of the Week accolades for Seth Knoll (4 punts inside the 20).
* The 23-14 win over Bluffton was highlighted by a 45-yard interception return for a touchdown by eventual HCAC Defensive Player of the Week Mitchell Kelley. Garrett Wight also crossed the 100-yard mark in rushing with 116 yards and scored two touchdowns.
* John Kirby is tied for second in the HCAC with three interceptions so far this season.
* Rose-Hulman players are ranked 2nd (Jack Heyl and Mike Riley) and 4th (Matt Michalak) in the HCAC in sacks with 4.5 and 4.
* Head coach Jeff Sokol improved to 50-27 in his Rose-Hulman career with the Oct. 6 Homecoming win over Bluffton.
* Anderson has a 2-2 HCAC record with wins over Defiance (18-12) and over Earlham (63-0) under first-year head coach Steve Rock.
* Reggie Lipscomb (312 yards, 3 TDs) leads the Anderson ground attack and Alex Laccabue is 53-100 through the air for 422 yards and two touchdowns.
* Dual threat Travis McGuire has passed for 390 yards and rushed for 212.
* Koty Frauhiger has a team-high 47 tackles.
* Rose-Hulman leads 16-6
* Current Streak: Rose-Hulman won 9
* HCAC Era: Rose-Hulman leads 11-1
* Last Meeting: RH 48, AU 23, 2018
* Last RH Win: AU 35, RH 31, 2008
DID YOU KNOW?
* The Rose-Hulman defense has snagged five interceptions during each of the Fightin' Engineer wins this season.