TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology hits the road for a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's basketball matchup on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at Anderson University. Both teams have clinched a bid to the upcoming six-team HCAC Tournament.
Rose-Hulman (16-7, 12-4 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman remains in contention for the HCAC title, just one game behind Hanover entering Wednesday's matchups. The Fightin' Engineers are tied for 2nd in the HCAC with Transylvania at 12-4 in league games.
Rose-Hulman leads the HCAC in field goal percentage (47.5%), three-point percentage (37.9%), free-throw percentage (76.6%), and rebounding margin (+6.2 per game) entering Saturday's game. Rose-Hulman is one of four HCAC teams averaging between 73 and 75 points per game (73.7).
- Charlie Aimone, who ranks 11th in school history with 1,305 career points, leads the team in scoring at 14.6 points per game.
- Aimone is the reigning HCAC Player of the Week after averaging 21.0 points and 5.5 rebounds per game in last week's wins over Franklin and Earlham.
- Craig McGee hit the game winning shot with 2.3 seconds left in Wednesday's 67-65 win over Franklin. McGee also led all players with a season-high 21 points in the Franklin victory.
- John Czarnecki averaged a double-double with tallies of 14.5 points and 10.0 rebounds per game in wins over Franklin and Earlham last week.
- Rose-Hulman has won 25 of its last 32 HCAC regular season games dating back to last season.
- After Wednesday's game, Rose-Hulman hosts Manchester at home on Saturday at 4 p.m. in the Senior Day game.
The Opponent: Anderson (10-13, 9-7 HCAC)
- Anderson has qualified for the HCAC Tournament with three straight wins. The Ravens have beaten Hanover, Manchester and Bluffton in their current win streak.
- Anderson features four players averaging double figures in scoring.
- Cole Hartman is the team's leading scorer at 15.1 points per game. Stanley Duncan (12.0 ppg), Maurice Knight (11.4 ppg) and Malik Laffoon (11.3 ppg) are also double-figure scorers.