Men's Tennis Opens Road Trip with Win at Brescia
OWENSBORO, KY. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's tennis team opened a three-day road trip with a 6-3 win at NAIA foe Brescia University on Monday afternoon at Moreland Park.
The top two players on the squad combined for three of Rose-Hulman's six points. Freshman Brandon Benedict (Indianapolis, Ind./Perry Meridian) and Georges Adam (Barueri, Brazil/Colegio Pentagono) won matches at the No. 1 and No. 2 singles position, as well as combining to win at the No. 1 doubles spot.
Other singles winners included and Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) at the No. 4 position and freshman Joe Kendall (Fort Mitchell, Ky./Covington Catholic) at No. 6. The No. 3 doubles team of Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) and Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South Vigo) also earned a victory.
Rose-Hulman improved to 7-7 on the season and travels to Centre College on Tuesday afternoon.
Rose-Hulman 6, Brescia 3
1. Brandon Benedict (RHIT) def. Tom Roidl (BU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Fernando Garcia (BU) 6-4, 6-2
3. Gustavo Carvalho (BU) def. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) 6-1, 6-4
4. Nate Moore (RHIT) def. Jonathon Kamuf (BU) 6-2, 2-6, 1-0 (10-7)
5. Robie Burch (BU) def. Erin Miller (RHIT) 6-3, 6-1
6. Joe Kendall (RHIT) def. Seth Ferguson (BU) 6-3, 6-4
1. Brandon Benedict/Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Tom Roidl/Fernando Garcia (BU) 8-2
2. Gustavo Carvalho/Robie Burch (BU) def. Matthew Conrad/Nate Moore (RHIT) 8-4
3. Erin Miller/Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Jonathon Kamuf/Seth Ferguson (BU) 8-4