Men's Tennis Falls at NAIA Foe IU-Southeast
NEW ALBANY, IND. -- NAIA foe Indiana University-Southeast won four singles matches and a pair of doubles contests to top Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology 6-3 in men's tennis action on Saturday afternoon.
Freshman Brandon Benedict (Indianapolis, Ind./Perry Meridian) and freshman Georges Adam (Barueri, Brazil/Colegio Pentagono) earned victories at the No. 1 and No. 2 singles spots, and also combined for a win at the No. 1 doubles position.
IU-Southeast improved to 7-6 on the season, while Rose-Hulman dropped to 6-7. The Fightin' Engineers travel to Brescia University for another non-conference matchup on Monday afternoon.
IU-Southeast 6, Rose-Hulman 3
1. Brandon Benedict (RHIT) def. John James (IU-SE) 6-7 (6-8), 6-4, 1-0 (10-8)
2. Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Trent Wallace (IU-SE) 6-3, 6-4
3. Shane Burke (IU-SE) def. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) 6-1, 6-2
4. Bryson Mills (IU-SE) def. Nate Moore (RHIT) 6-0, 6-3
5. Alex Martin (IU-SE) def. Zach Rothenberg (RHIT) 6-1, 6-1
6. Justin Batliner (IU-SE) def. Joe Kendall (RHIT) 6-3, 6-2
1. Brandon Benedict/Georges Adam (RHIT) def. John James/Trent Wallace (IU-SE) 8-5
2. Shane Burke/Justin Batliner (IU-SE) def. Matthew Conrad/Nate Moore (RHIT) 8-4
3. Alex Martin/Bryson Mills (IU-SE) def. Erin Miller/Ray Montgomery (RHIT) 8-6