Men's Tennis Handles Franklin, Moves to 5-0 in HCAC
TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 5-0 in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's tennis action with a 7-2 victory over Franklin College on Sunday at the Joy Hulbert Tennis Center.
Freshman Brandon Benedict (Indianapolis, Ind./Perry Meridian) and Georges Adam (Barueri, Brazil/Colegio Pentagono) captured wins at the No. 1 and No. 2 singles positions, and also teamed up for a victory at the No. 1 doubles spot.
Sophomore Matt Conrad (Anderson, Ind./Lapel) and senior Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) added victories at the No. 3 and No. 4 singles positions. Freshman Joe Kendall (Fort Mitchell, Ky./Covington Catholic) rounded out the singles winners at the No. 6 spot.
Rose-Hulman stands 5-4 overall and 5-0 in league play, while Franklin dropped to 2-4 and 1-2 in league games. The Fightin' Engineers return to action with a Wednesday home matchup with Wabash.
Rose-Hulman 7, Franklin 2
1. Brandon Benedict (RHIT) def. Ryan Hammer (FC) 6-4, 6-4
2. Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Ethan Caldwell (FC) 6-1, 6-0
3. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Luke Snyder (FC) 6-2, 6-0
4. Nate Moore (RHIT) def. Evan Pierle (FC) 6-3, 7-6 (7-2)
5. Robby Woehrle (FC) def. Erin Miller (RHIT) 6-4, 6-2
6. Joe Kendall (RHIT) def. Jared Hunt (FC) 6-3, 6-4
1. Brandon Benedict/Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Ethan Caldwell/Ryan Hammer (FC) 8-3
2. Luke Snyder/Jared Hunt (FC) def. Matthew Conrad/Nate Moore (RHIT) 9-8 (7-4)
3. Ray Montgomery/Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Evan Pierle/Robby Woehrle (FC) 8-2