Men's Tennis Moves to 6-0 in HCAC with Manchester Win
TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 6-0 in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's tennis action with a 9-0 win over Manchester University on Saturday at the Joy Hulbert Tennis Center.
Rose-Hulman opened the day by sweeping the three doubles matches. The No. 1 team of Brandon Benedict (Indianapolis, Ind./Perry Meridian) and Georges Adam (Barueri, Brazil/Colegio Pentagono), the No. 2 duo of Matt Conrad (Anderson, Ind./Lapel) and Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) and the No. 3 team of Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) and Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South Vigo) each captured victories.
In singles play, winners included Benedict, Adam, Conrad, Moore, freshman Zac Rothenberg (Greenwood Village, Colo./Cherry Creek) in his varsity debut and freshman Joe Kendall (Fort Mitchell, Ky./Covington Catholic).
Rose-Hulman improved to 6-6 overall and 6-0 in conference play, while Manchester dropped to 0-10 and 0-4 in league matches. The Fightin' Engineers travel to Earlham for a showdown of the league's top two teams on Sunday at noon.
Rose-Hulman 9, Manchester 0
1. Brandon Benedict (RHIT) def. Stratton Smith (MUMT1314) 6-1, 6-4
2. Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Phil Truitt (MUMT1314) 6-0, 6-0
3. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Miro Arguijo III (MUMT1314) 6-1, 6-1
4. Nate Moore (RHIT) def. Alex Winger (MUMT1314) 6-1, 6-3
5. Zach Rothenberg (RHIT) def. Matt Buncich (MUMT1314) 6-3, 6-1
6. Joe Kendall (RHIT) def. Trevor Jones (MUMT1314) 6-0, 6-2
1. Brandon Benedict/Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Stratton Smith/Miro Arguijo III (MUMT1314) 8-0
2. Matthew Conrad/Nate Moore (RHIT) def. Phil Truitt/Alex Winger (MUMT1314) 8-6
3. Ray Montgomery/Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Matt Buncich/Trevor Jones (MUMT1314) 8-4