DANVILLE, KY. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 8-7 on the season with an 8-1 victory at Centre College, marking the team's second straight win in the state of Kentucky in as many days.
Rose-Hulman opened the afternoon by sweeping the three doubles matches. The No. 1 team of Brandon Benedict (Indianapolis, Ind./Perry Meridian) and Georges Adam (Barueri, Brazil/Colegio Pentagono), the No. 2 duo of Matt Conrad (Anderson, Ind./Lapel) and Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) and the No. 3 team of Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) and Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South Vigo) each captured victories.
In singles play, winners included Benedict, Adam, Conrad, Miller, and freshman Joe Kendall (Fort Mitchell, Ky./Covington Catholic).
Rose-Hulman defeated Brescia 6-3 on Monday in Kentucky and continues its three matches in three days road trip at Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference foe Anderson University on Wednesday.
Rose-Hulman 8, Centre 1
1. Brandon Benedict (RHIT) def. Woody Rini (CC) 6-0, 6-4
2. Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Logan Henize (CC) 6-1, 6-1
3. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Alex Wermeling (CC) 6-4, 6-3
4. Lucas Brooks (CC) def. Nate Moore (RHIT) 6-3, 6-4
5. Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Caleb Smith (CC) 6-4, 7-5
6. Joe Kendall (RHIT) def. Carter Richardson (CC) 6-1, 4-6, 1-0 (11-9)
1. Brandon Benedict/Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Woody Rini/Logan Henize (CC) 8-5
2. Matthew Conrad/Nate Moore (RHIT) def. Alex Wermeling/Caleb Smith (CC) 8-2
3. Ray Montgomery/Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Lucas Brooks/Carter Richardson (CC) 8-6