TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - The Rose-Hulman women's hoops team will look for their 19th straight win on Wednesday when the Fightin' Engineers head to Anderson University to play the Ravens. RHIT has put together another impressive season behind another long win streak. The Fightin' Engineers have not lost since November 2017. In 2015-16 Rose-Hulman had an 18-game win streak. Last season, the Fightin' Engineers rattled off 14 straight wins en route to the program's first-ever appearance in the NCAA Division III Women's Basketball Tournament. Tip off from Anderson is set for 7:30 p.m.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman is ranked No. 24 in this week's D3hoops.com national top 25 poll, the first time in women's basketball program history that the Fightin' Engineers have earned a national ranking.
* Rose-Hulman clinched outright the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference regular season championship this past Saturday following a 52-40 win over Earlham College on Senior Day.
* The Fightin' Engineers are currently 20-3, 16-0 HCAC.
* Rose-Hulman has not lost to an HCAC opponent since January 2017. Rose has won 30 straight games against HCAC competition.
* The Fightin' Engineers have the best scoring defense in the HCAC and rank No. 7 nationally, allowing just 47.3 ppg.
Anderson News & Notes
* Anderson is 0-23, 0-16 this season.
* The Ravens are second in the HCAC in rebounding behind Rose-Hulman, averaging 39.8 rpg.
* Freshman Hannah Hawkins leads the team in scoring with 10.6 ppg.
Rose-Hulman 84, Anderson 31
* Rose-Hulman shot 54% in the team's largest win of the season.
* Only one Engineer scored in double figures (Abby Bromenschenkel 12), however, 13 different Engineers scored in the game and eight different players scored eight or more points in the win.
* Rose-Hulman has won 13 HCAC games this season by double figures.