TERRE HAUTE, Ind.-- The Rose-Hulman Fightin' Engineers will host HCAC competitor Transylvania University on Saturday at 1:00 PM in a rematch of last years HCAC Championship. This is a battle of the teams picked first and second in the HCAC preseason coaches poll.
Rose-Hulman News and Notes:
* The Engineers stand at 5-3 after a win against the Mount St. Joseph Lions on Wednesday with a final score of 65-41.
* Rose-Hulman has been picked as the favorite to win the HCAC title in the pre-season coaches poll.
* Ally Bromenschenkel has been named the HCAC player of the week and leads the team with 18.5 points per game which ranks her first amongst HCAC offensive leaders.
* She was able to record her third consecutive double-double against the Lions leading the team with 17 points and 15 rebounds.
* Abby Bromenschenkel is the teams second leading scorer averaging 10.8 points per game.
* The last meeting between both teams was the HCAC Championship in the 2017-18 season where Rose-Hulman was able to defeat the Pioneers to claim the title with a final score of 57-51.
The Opposition: Transylvania
* The Pioneers stand at 5-1 overall and 2-0 in the HCAC after defeating Hanover on Wednesday with a final score of 84-62.
* Transylvania has been picked to finish second in the HCAC in the pre-season coaches poll.
* Shelby Boyle leads the team offensively with 15.5 points per game, followed by Celia Kline with 14.5 points per game.