TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's tennis team picked up a convincing nonconference victory with a 7-2 decision over Brescia University Saturday at home.
In singles, Suzanna Mohd (Puchong, Malaysia/Mara University), Colleen Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba Regional), Kylie McCollum (Lee's Summit, Mo./Lee's Summit West) and Lauren Miller (Highland, Ill./Highland) all captured victories for the Engineers, who also collected a forfeit win at No. 6 singles.
At doubles, Mohd and McCollum defeated Brescia's Alejandra Matiz 8-4 to capture the Engineers' lone win at No. 2 doubles, which also included a forfeit victory in the No. 3 spot.
The Engineers (7-2, 5-2 HCAC) return to the court Sunday for a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference matchup in Cincinnati, Ohio, when Rose-Hulman takes on Mount. St. Joseph in a noon contest.
1. Alejandra Matiz (B) def. Marie Stettler (RH), 6-2, 6-4.
2. Suzanna Mohd (RH) def. Dakota Durrett (B), 6-2, 6-1.
3. Colleen Stevenson (RH) def. Emily Hollinger (B), 7-5, 6-1.
4. Kylie McCollum (RH) def. Tarsila Duck (B), 6-1, 6-2.
5. Lauren Miller (RH) def. LeAnne Myers (B), 6-2, 6-1.
6. Rose-Hulman won by forfeit.
1. Suzanna Mohd/Kylie McCollum (RH) def. Alejandrez Matiz/Tarsila Duck (B), 8-4.
2. Dakota Durrett/Emily Hellinger (B) def. Lauren Reberger/Sydney Short (RH), 8-6.
3. Rose-Hulman won by forfeit.