INDIANAPOLIS -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's tennis team dropped a tough match to Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference foe Hanover Saturday, falling 5-4 at Indy Racquet Club East in Indianapolis.
The loss snapped a three-match winning streak for the Engineers (5-2, 4-2 HCAC). Hanover (8-3, 5-0) stands tied atop the conference with Transylvania with the victory, while Rose-Hulman drops to fourth place in the standings.
Suzana Mohd (Puchong, Malaysia/Mara University), Paige Cook (Terre Haute, Ind./North Vigo) and Colleen Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba Regional) all picked up victories for the Engineers at singles. The No. 3 doubles team of Lauren Reberger (Brazil, Ind./Northview) and Sydney Short (Langley, Va./Grafton) were the lone winners for Rose-Hulman at doubles, beating Hanover's Alexis Taylor and Kelsey Jones, 8-6.
The Engineers will hope to rebound from the setback when they return to the court Wednesday for a 6 p.m. match with Anderson in Terre Haute.
HANOVER 5, ROSE-HULMAN 4
1. Dani Miller, H, def. Marie Stettler,RH, 6-4, 6-4.
2. Suzana Mohd, RH, def. Mackenzie Spicer, H, 6-3, 1-6, 6-4.
3. Paige Cook, RH, def. Mallory Noble, H, 6-4, 7-6 (3).
4. Colleen Stevenson, RH, def. Alexis Taylor, H, 6-2, 6-7 (6) (2).
5. Kelsey Jones, H, def. Kylie McCollum, RH, 6-4, 6-3.
6. Allison Poston, H, def. Lauren Miller, RH, 6-3, 6-1.
1. Dani Miller/Mackenzie Spicer, H, def. Marie Stettler/Suzana Mohd, RH, 8-4.
2. Mallory Noble/Kelsey Jones, H, def. Paige Cook/Kylie McCollum, RH, 8-3.
3. Lauren Reberger/Sydney Short, RH, def. Alexis Taylor/Kelsey Jones, H, 8-6.