TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 2-0 on the women's tennis season with a 6-3 victory over Oakland City University on Sunday at the Joy Hulbert Tennis Center.
Junior Suzana Mohd (Puchong, Malaysia/Mara University) led the Rose-Hulman performance with victories at the No. 2 singles and No. 1 doubles positions.
Other winners included senior Colleen Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba Regional) at the No. 4 singles spot and the doubles team of senior Paige Cook (Terre Haute/North) and junior Kylie McCollum (Lee's Summit, Mo./West) at the No. 2 position. Rose-Hulman also won two matches by forfeit.
The Fightin' Engineers return to action with a home match against Transylvania on Homecoming Sunday next weekend at noon. Individuals from the Fightin' Engineers may compete at the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Regional at DePauw on Friday and Saturday.
Rose-Hulman 6, Oakland City 3
09-15-13 at Terre Haute, Ind. (Joy Hulbert Tennis Center)
1. Hailey Moore (OAK-CITY) def. Marie Stettler (RHIT) 4-6, 6-1, 1-0 (10-7)
2. Suzana Mohd (RHIT) def. Jordyn Brown (OAK-CITY) 6-0, 6-0
3. Whitney Malin (OAK-CITY) def. Paige Cook (RHIT) 6-0, 6-3
4. Colleen Stevenson (RHIT) def. Lauryn Schnarr (OAK-CITY) 6-7 (5-7), 6-1, 1-0 (10-7)
5. Lauren Miller (RHIT) def. Ashley Forbes (OAK-CITY) 6-0, 6-0
6. Rose-Hulman wins by forfeit
1. Hailey Moore/Whitney Malin (OAK-CITY) def. Marie Stettler/Suzana Mohd (RHIT) 8-6
2. Paige Cook/Kylie McCollum (RHIT) def. Lauryn Schnarr/Ashley Forbes (OAK-CITY) 8-0
3. Rose-Hulman wins by forfeit