TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology dropped the opener of the women's tennis spring season to NCAA Tournament qualifier Hanover College at the Joy Hulbert Tennis Center.
Freshman Becca Stanley (New Whiteland, Ind./Whiteland) led the effort with a victory at the No. 6 singles position. Seniors Lauren Reberger (Brazil/Northview) and Colleen Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba Regional) also contributed a win at the No. 3 doubles spot.
Hanover improved to 15-4 on the season and will compete in the NCAA Tournament later this season. Rose-Hulman stands 9-4 after finishing second in the conference last fall and will face Franklin next weekend.
Hanover 7, Rose-Hulman 2
1. Mackenzie Spicer (HC) def. Marie Stettler (RHIT) 8-4
2. Mallory Noble (HC) def. Suzana Mohd (RHIT) 8-4
3. Allison Poston (HC) def. Paige Cook (RHIT) 8-3
4. Shelby Williamson (HC) def. Lauren Miller (RHIT) 8-1
5. Kirby Lantz (HC) def. Lauren Reberger (RHIT) 8-2
6. Becca Stanley (RHIT) def. Sarah Love (HC) 8-2
1. Mallory Noble/Allison Poston (HC) def. Marie Stettler/Paige Cook (RHIT) 8-0
2. Mackenzie Spicer/Kirby Lantz (HC) def. Suzana Mohd/Kylie McCollum (RHIT) 8-3
3. Lauren Reberger/Colleen Stevenson (RHIT) def. Shelby Williamson/Sarah Love (HC) 8-1