CINCINNATI, OHIO -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology completed the women's tennis regular season with an 8-2 record and a 6-2 mark in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference play after defeating Mount St. Joseph 8-1 on Sunday.
Rose-Hulman has secured a top-four seeding for the HCAC Tournament to be held next weekend at West Indy Racquet Club in Indianapolis. The exact bracket will be released at the end of the conference regular season on Wednesday.
Senior Marie Stettler (Edgerton, Wis./Edgerton Senior) and senior Paige Cook (Terre Haute/North) led the performance with singles and doubles victories. Stettler won at the No. 1 singles spot, Cook won at No. 3, and the duo combined for a No. 1 doubles victory.
Rose-Hulman 8, Mount St. Joseph 1
10-13-13 at Cincinnati, Ohio
1. Marie Stettler (RHIT) def. Shelby Betz (MSJ) 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 1-0
2. Suzana Mohd (RHIT) def. Morgan Hoehn (MSJ) 6-1, 6-0
3. Paige Cook (RHIT) def. Felicia Shadwick (MSJ) 6-0, 6-1
4. Harley Huston (MSJ) def. Colleen Stevenson (RHIT) 5-4, retired
5. Lauren Edwards (RHIT) def. Sarah Kennedy (MSJ) 6-2, 6-0
6. Rose-Hulman won by forfeit
1. Marie Stettler/Paige Cook (RHIT) def. Shelby Betz/Morgan Hoehn (MSJ) 8-2
2. Lauren Reberger/Sydney Short (RHIT) def. Felicia Shadwick/Harley Huston (MSJ) 8-2
3. Rose-Hulman won by forfeit