TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology opens the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference baseball schedule against Mount St. Joseph on Saturday. Game one of the two nine-inning matchups will begin approximately 4 p.m. The game will be played on a turf field at Miami University-Hamilton at Foundation Field due to recent rains in Cincinnati.
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman (5-12) has defeated nationally ranked Webster and receiving votes Wabash in its last three games.
* Sophomore Luke Buehler was named HCAC Pitcher of the Week after tossing a complete-game three-hitter with five strikeouts in the Webster win.
* Top hitters so far include Zach Witonsky (.444), Conner Helbling (.424) and Logan Cody (.383). Luke Buehler (.364), Conner Shipley (.310, 1 2B) and Davis Robeson (.308, 4 2B, 1 3B) are also above .300.
* On the mound, Luke Buehler has a 1.00 earned run average and 20 strikeouts in 27 innings so far this season. Clayton Mayfield (1-2, 3.00) and Trever Bruno (1-1, 3.57) also have at least three starts each.
* Stone Brogan leads the bullpen with a 1.08 ERA in seven appearances out of the bullpen.
* Mount St. Joseph stands 9-8 overall entering its HCAC opener.
* Offensively, Ryan Murray leads the Lions with a .518 batting average. Tyrell Anderson (.421) and Nathan Hunter (.406) are also above .400.
* The pitching staff has had the most starts from Alex Wagner (3-2, 2.89) and Jason Fischer (1-2, 6.64). Nathan Renner has added a 0.47 ERA with a 2-1 mark in two starts and one complete game.
* In the HCAC era, Rose-Hulman leads Mount St. Joseph 21-13. The Lions have won the last four meetings in the series.