TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology hosts Earlham College in a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference baseball doubleheader on Thursday starting at 5 pm at Art Nehf Field.
The game has been moved from its originally scheduled day to Thursday April 5 due to heavy recent rain in Western Indiana.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT DAY
* Thursday is Academic Achievement Day as part of the nationwide celebration of NCAA Division III Week.
* Names of Academic All-Conference award winners from the fall and winter seasons will be read betweeen games of the twinbill, and a special first pitch will be thrown prior to game one.
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 0-1 in HCAC play after falling 6-2 at Mount St. Joseph on Saturday. Game two of the twinbill was rained out and will not be made up.
* Sophomore Luke Buehler was named HCAC Pitcher of the Week after tossing a complete-game three-hitter with five strikeouts against nationally ranked Webster on March 25.
* Top hitters so far include Zach Witonsky (.429), Conner Helbling (.389) and Logan Cody (.375). Luke Buehler (.364), Davis Robeson (.309) and Conner Shipley (.306) are also above the .300 mark.
* On the mound, Luke Buehler has a 1.00 earned run average and 20 strikeouts in 27 innings so far this season. Clayton Mayfield (1-2, 3.00) and Trever Bruno (1-2, 4.56) also have at least four starts each.
* Stone Brogan leads the bullpen with a 1.08 ERA in seven appearances.
* Earlham is the defending HCAC regular season and conference tournament champion. The 2017 team claimed the first NCAA Tournament win in the history of Earlham athletics last May.
* Earlham stands 15-5 overall and 1-1 in conference play after splitting Saturday's doubleheader against Bluffton.
* Walter Talcott leads the pitching staff with a 3-0 record and a 1.13 ERA. Talcott has 36 strikeouts in 32 innings of work.
* The Earlham pitching staff has a league-best 3.02 ERA and 161 strikeouts in 173 innings.
* Marc Gendreau leads the starting lineup in hitting at .409 with three doubles and one triple. Other regular starters above .300 include Addison Robertson (.375) and Isaiah Shake (.310).
* In the HCAC era, Rose-Hulman leads Earlham 13-12. The Quakers have won the last two games in the series.