TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology baseball doubleheader at Manchester, scheduled for Saturday, will now take place on Sunday due to projected weather. The doubleheader begins Sunday at noon, with game two to follow.
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 1-2 in HCAC play after splitting a doubleheader with defending league champion Earlham on Thursday night. RHIT won the nightcap 18-2 after falling in the opener 14-4.
* Sophomore Luke Buehler was named HCAC Pitcher of the Week after tossing a complete-game three-hitter with five strikeouts against nationally ranked Webster on March 25.
* Top hitters so far include Logan Cody (.417, 4 2B, 1 3B); Zach Witonsky (.375, 1 2B); Conner Helbling (.359, 4 2B, 1 HR); David Burnside (.338, 5 2B, 1 3B); Conner Shipley (.329, 1 2B) and Luke Calabrese (.324, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR)
* On the mound, Luke Buehler has a 1.00 earned run average and 20 strikeouts in 27 innings so far this season. Clayton Mayfield (2-2, 2.89) and Trever Bruno (1-2, 4.56) also have at least four starts each.
* Stone Brogan leads the bullpen with a 0.96 ERA in eight appearances.
* Manchester stands 11-11 overall and 1-3 in HCAC play.
* The Spartans have hit 13 home runs this season, led by Eric Knepper with three. Tyler LaFoll (.407, 7 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR) and Nick Rush (.406, 6 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR) lead the Spartan offense.
* Jordan Hilyard (2-1, 1.90 ERA), Taylor Koppl (3-1, 4.04 ERA), Brandon Eck (2-2, 4.94 ERA) and Stephen Pina (2-2, 6.08) have led the starting rotation. Garrett Phel has two saves and Craig Overpe a 0.64 ERA out of the bullpen.
* In the HCAC era, Manchester leads Rose-Hulman 23-19 and has won three straight games in the series.