TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology baseball team travels to Hanover College for a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference doubleheader on Tuesday at 1 p.m.
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman is batting .272 as a team with 33 doubles in 22 games. Logan Cody leads the offense with a .413 average (4 2B, 1 3B).
* Other above .300 hitters include Conner Helbling (.341, 4 2B, 1 HR); David Burnside (.329, 5 2B, 1 3B); Zach Witonsky (.310, 1 2B), Luke Buehler (.308); Davis Robeson (.306, 7 2B, 2 3B); and Conner Shipley (.303, 1 2B)
* On the mound, Rose-Hulman has a 4.68 ERA with 134 strikeouts in 184.2 innings of work.
* Luke Buehler has a 1.32 ERA in five starts and also has one save. Buehler has pitched 34 innings, allowing just 30 hits and five earned runs with 25 strikeouts this season.
* Other members of the starting rotation have included Clayton Mayfield (2-2, 2.89); Trever Bruno (1-3, 4.85); Trevor Dallio (0-2, 5.40); and Chuck Alexa (0-1, 7.71).
* Hanover stands 1-5 in HCAC play with narrow extra inning losses to both Earlham and Franklin last weekend.
* Jake Shine leads the Panthers with a .338 batting average and 13 extra base hits. Josh Meszaros has a pair of home runs for the Panthers.
* Garrett Zorb (3-1, 1.91) and David Herrmann (0-5, 4.50) lead the Hanover starting rotation this season.
* In the HCAC era, Rose-Hulman leads Hanover 26-6 and won the most recent meeting last season.