TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology baseball team hosts Transylvania University in a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference baseball doubleheader on Saturday starting at 1 p.m. after overnight rains.
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman is batting .281 as a team with 40 doubles in 24 games. Logan Cody leads the offense with a .388 average (4 2B, 1 3B).
* Other above .300 hitters include Conner Helbling (.340, 4 2B, 1 HR); Ryan Stachowski (.339, 8 2B, 1 HR); David Burnside (.329, 5 2B, 1 3B); Conner Shipley (.326, 1 2B); Davis Robeson (.323, 7 2B, 2 3B); Luke Buehler (.313); Zach Witonsky (.300, 1 2B)
* On the mound, Rose-Hulman has a 4.40 ERA with 143 strikeouts in 202.2 innings of work.
* Luke Buehler has a 1.32 ERA in five starts and also has one save. Buehler has pitched 34 innings, allowing just 30 hits and five earned runs with 25 strikeouts this season.
* Other members of the starting rotation have included Clayton Mayfield (3-2, 2.83); Trever Bruno (1-3, 4.85); Trevor Dallio (0-2, 5.40); and Chuck Alexa (1-1, 5.96).
* Transylvania has a 14-12 record heading into Thursday night's single game matchup with Otterbein.
* Isaac Taylor leads the Pioneers with a .333 batting average and three doubles.
* Transylvania has a 4.57 ERA with 202 strikeouts in 232.1 innings of work.
* Evan Hall (3-1) leads the rotation with a 3.00 ERA and Evan Patrick has four saves out of the bullpen.
* In the HCAC era, Rose-Hulman leads Hanover 23-12 and has won three straight games in the series.