TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology hits the road for a non-conference matchup at Greenville College tonight at 6 p.m. CT (7 p.m. Indiana time).
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman is batting .286 as a team with 55 doubles in 33 games. Logan Cody (.360, 6 2B, 1 HR) and Conner Helbling (.360, 6 2B, 1 HR) lead the offense so far this season.
* A total of nine Fightin' Engineer starters are batting .300 or better, with Conner Shipley (.331, 2 2B), David Burnside (.329, 6 2B, 1 3B) and Sean Casey (.317, 3 2B, 1 3B, 2 HR) rounding out the team's top five averages.
* On the mound, Rose-Hulman has a 4.65 ERA with 186 strikeouts in 281.2 innings of work.
* Luke Buehler tossed his first career shutout on Saturday in an 8-0 win over Defiance. Buehler scattered seven singles and allowed just one walk with five strikeouts in the complete game victory.
* Starters of four or more games this season have included Buehler (3-4, 1.60 ERA); Clayton Mayfield (3-3, 3.16); Trever Bruno (2-4, 3.83); and Chuck Alexa (2-2, 5.40).
* Greenville has a 16-17 record entering Thursday's game.
* The Panthers are batting .303 as a team with 62 doubles, 12 triples and 11 home runs.
* The pitching staff has a 6.05 ERA and 231 strikeouts in 264.2 innings of work.
* Greenville snapped a two-game Rose-Hulman winning streak in the series by earning a 10-9 victory at Rose-Hulman last March.