Feb 27, 2019
AUBURNDALE, Fla. – Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology puts a 3-0 mark on the line against 5-2 Cabrini on Thursday at 11 a.m. at Lake Myrtle Park.
COVERAGE: LIVE STATS
Rose-Hulman (3-0, 0-0 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman stands 3-0 after wins over Alma, St. Mary's (Minn.) and Capital to open the 2019 Florida Spring Trip.
- Rose-Hulman is hitting .337 as a team in Florida. Conner Helbling stands .545 (6-11) with two doubles, and Ryan Stachowski has the top power numbers at .455 with three doubles and one triple.
- Josh Mesenbrink (.400) and Davis Robeson (.357) are also above the .350 mark so far this week.
- Both Luke Buehler (7 IP, 0 R) and Trevor Dallio (5 IP, 2 R) struck out nine in their first start this season, allowing RHIT to strikeout 31 batters in 27 innings so far.
- Rose-Hulman was picked to finish third in the HCAC this season, in the preseason coaches poll.
- The Fightin' Engineers return eight of their nine starters, the top three starting pitchers and several pitchers from the 2018 team that finished 20-23 and qualified for the HCAC Tournament.
- After the Cabrini game, Rose-Hulman completes its spring trip with a matchup against Penn State-Abingdon at Chain of Lakes Complex in Winter Haven on Friday at 9:30 a.m.
The Opponent: Cabrini
- Cabrini is off to a 5-2 start, including wins in its two most recent games over Hanover (17-6) and Augustana (7-3).
- Tyler Norris leads Cabrini with a .407 average on 11 hits. Justin Henry is batting .357 and Henry Peguero is at .318 for the Cavaliers.
- The Cabrini pitching staff has a 5.12 ERA and an impressive 54 strikeouts in 58 innings of work.