WINTER HAVEN, Fla. – Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology completes its 2019 spring trip with a matchup against Penn State-Abington on Friday at 9:30 a.m. at the Chain of Lakes Complex.
COVERAGE: LIVE STATS
Rose-Hulman (3-1, 0-0 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman stands 3-1 after wins over Alma, St. Mary's (Minn.) and Capital, and a loss to Cabrini, to open the 2019 Florida Spring Trip.
- Rose-Hulman is hitting .311 as a team in Florida. Conner Helbling stands .533 (8-15) with three doubles. Ryan Stachowski is at .40 (6-15) with three doubles and one triple to help lead the offense.
- Both Luke Buehler (7 IP, 0 R) and Trevor Dallio (5 IP, 2 R) struck out nine in their first start this season, allowing RHIT to strikeout 36 batters in 35 innings so far.
- Rose-Hulman was picked to finish third in the HCAC this season, in the preseason coaches poll.
- The Fightin' Engineers return eight of their nine starters, the top three starting pitchers and several pitchers from the 2018 team that finished 20-23 and qualified for the HCAC Tournament.
- After the Cabrini game, Rose-Hulman completes its spring trip with a matchup against Penn State-Abingdon at Chain of Lakes Complex in Winter Haven on Friday at 9:30 a.m.
The Opponent: Penn State-Abington
- Penn State-Abington starts off its Florida trip with an early season record of 1-3.
- Pat McDonald leads the pitching staff with six strikeouts in 13.2 innings of work.
- Offensively, Jaden Himmelreich is hitting .438 and Paul Woodley is at .389 with three doubles to lead the Nittany Lions offense.