TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The second of three Rose-Hulman Baseball Invitational events will take place this weekend at Art Nehf Field. RHIT will also travel to DePauw for a single nine-inning game on Sunday. Rose-Hulman welcomes Calvin and DePauw this weekend, before hosting Milwaukee School of Engineering and Carroll next weekend.
THIS WEEKEND'S SCHEDULE:
3 pm - Calvin vs. DePauw (LIVE STATS / LIVE VIDEO)
Rose-Hulman (5-3, 0-0 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman stands 5-3 entering Saturday's doubleheader.
- Luke Buehler was named HCAC Baseball Pitcher of the Week and to the D3baseball.com National Team of the Week for his efforts earlier this season in Florida. Buehler has a 0.54 ERA with 18 strikeouts in 16.2 innings of work.
- Jacob Petrisko, Quintin Bynum and Ben Yoss have also picked up pitching victories this season.
- Brian Pershing is 7-8 at the plate after appearing in the last three games.
- Conner Helbling leads the offense with a .371 average on 13 hits and 5 doubles.
- Other players starting 3 or more games and hitting over .300 include Davis Robeson (.344), Harris Camp (.308), Luke Kluemper (.300), and Ryan Stachowski (.300, 3 2B, 1 3B)
- Calvin stands 2-2 on the season. The Knights have a win over Franklin, a split with Anderson, and a loss to Rose-Hulman so far. Calvin finished 16-25 last season after winning 20 games in 2017.
- DePauw has a 5-4 record this season with five straight wins over HCAC foes. The Tigers swept a 3-game series from Manchester after winning twice over Mount St. Joseph. DePauw was 11-26 last season after finishing 33-13 and winning two NCAA Division III Tournament games in 2017.