Apr 17, 2019
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology baseball team hosts Wabash College in a non-conference matchup on Thursday at 7 p.m. at Art Nehf Field.
- Rose-Hulman stands 18-9 overall and leads the HCAC at 7-1 in conference play. Rose-Hulman returns to HCAC action on Saturday with a trip to Defiance.
- Luke Buehler is a three-time HCAC Pitcher of the Week and one-time D3baseball.com National Team of the Week honoree in 2019. Buehler is currently 5-0 with a 0.96 earned run average, including 39 strikeouts in 37.1 innings of work.
- The team's four primary starting pitchers have also included Trevor Dallio (1-2, 3.82 ERA, 32 K, 30.2 IP), Trever Bruno (1-2, 4.34, 10 K, 29 IP) and Clayton Mayfield (3-1, 5.97, 30 K, 34.2 IP)
- Rose-Hulman's bullpen features six pitchers with at least one save, led by freshman Brian Pershing with four saves and freshman Adam Taylor with two.
- Zach Witonsky and Brian Pershing have made the most of their playing time with batting avrages of .474 and .459, respectively, this season.
- Starters hitting above .300 include Davis Robeson (.353, 4 2B); Conner Helbling (.352, 6 2B, 1 HR); Harris Camp (.323, 3 2B, 1 3B); Logan Cody (.318, 8 2B, 2 3B); David Burnside (.316, 9 2B, 1 HR); Luke Kluemper (.315, 1 2B); Conner Shipley (.311, 4 2B); and Ryan Stachowski (.301, 7 2B, 1 3B)
- Rose-Hulman has won four HCAC Tournament titles, two regular season HCAC championships and made two appearances in the NCAA Division III Regional Championship Round since 2009.
Wabash (15-14, 3-6 NCAC) News & Notes:
- Wabash stands 15-14 overall after sweeping Ohio Wesleyan 13-8 and 16-10 on Tuesday.
- The Little Giants swept a doubleheader from Rose-Hulman earlier this season, winning 11-3 and 12-10 on April 7.
- After Thursday's game, Wabash returns to action at home against Oberlin College on Saturday.