TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (4-1, 3-0 HCAC) hosts Mount St. Joseph (3-2, 2-1 HCAC) in a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference matchup on Homecoming Saturday at 2 p.m.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman enters the matchup with a 4-1 record and is tied for the top spot in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference with Franklin College at 3-0.
* The Fightin' Engineers look to avenge their only HCAC loss from the 2016 conference championship season today. Rose-Hulman has won seven straight conference games since last October's matchup at Mount St. Joseph, and the team reached the NCAA Division III Playoffs for the first time in 2016.
* Rose-Hulman celebrates the 125th Anniversary of Fightin' Engineer football in a pregame ceremony beginning at 1:40 pm on Saturday. All football alumni are invited to join us on the Cook Stadium track as we recognize some of the accomplishments over the program's first 125 years.
* The Fightin' Engineers have had three players named to the D3football.com "National Team of the Week" this season. Kaelen Garner (Illinois College), John Kirby (Hanover) and Mike Riley (Defiance) have been honored after wins by the Fightin' Engineers this season.
* The offensive line has helped Rose-Hulman earn a +18 margin in sack differential so far this season. RHIT has allowed just seven sacks but recorded 25.
* The team's stat leaders include Andrew Dion (901 pass yards), Garrett Wight (382 rush yards), Zack Murphy (422 receiving yards), Raymond Burtnick (8 receiving touchdowns), Mike Riley (12 sacks) and John Kirby (39 tackles and 2 interceptions).
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* Mount St. Joseph is 3-2 and 2-1 in HCAC play entering Saturday's matchup.
* Tyler Hopperton was promoted from interim head coach to the permanent role Sept. 25, after leading Mount St. Joseph to a strong start this season.
* Chaiten Tomlin leads the offense with 1,176 passing yards and 16 touchdown passes. Nykwuan Presswood leads the ground attack with 379 yards and three touchdowns.
* Tyler Hannah has a team-high four interceptions and Peyton Williams leads the Lions with 33 tackles.
* Mount St. Joseph leads Rose-Hulman 10-5 overall and 6-5 in HCAC play.
* Mount St. Joseph has won the last three meetings, including a 45-27 decision last season.
* Rose-Hulman last won in the series by a 34-0 count in 2013.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Rose-Hulman's Mike Riley leads all of NCAA football (FBS, FCS, Division II, Division III) with 12 sacks and 2.40 sacks per game this year.