TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (6-2, 5-1 HCAC) travels to Bluffton University for a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference matchup on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
ROSE-HULMAN FIGHTIN' ENGINEERS (6-2, 5-1 HCAC):
* Rose-Hulman had a five-game winning streak snapped in last weekend's narrow 29-22 loss to unbeaten HCAC leader Franklin.
* The Fightin' Engineers are ranked No. 1 in NCAA Division III in sacks recorded per game (4.75). The differential between sacks allowed (10) and defensive sacks recorded (38) stands at a school record +28 entering this week's game.
* Rose-Hulman also has two NCAA Division III statistical national leaders individually in Mike Riley and Raymond Burtnick (see note below)
* Kaelen Garner ranks No. 3 in NCAA Division III with three blocked kicks this season.
* The Fightin' Engineer team stands No. 7 nationally in blocked kicks (5), No. 11 in tackles-for-loss (8.9 per game), No. 16 in kickoff returns (24.5 per return), No. 17 in first downs (174) and No. 18 in rushing defense (79.8 yards per game).
* Individually, Matt Murray ranks No. 5 in NCAA Division III in punting average (42.2 yards) and Mike Riley is No. 6 in tackles-for-loss (2.2 per game).
* Head coach Jeff Sokol enters today's game with the highest winning percentage for a coach in Rose-Hulman history. Sokol has a career mark of 46-23 for a winning percentage of .667.
BLUFFTON BEAVERS (2-5, 2-3 HCAC):
* Bluffton has a 2-5 record on the season with wins over Mount St. Joseph and Anderson in conference play
* The Beavers rank No. 4 in fewest fumbles lost (1) and No. 7 in defensive touchdowns scored (3) in NCAA Division III this season.
* Bluffton also ranks No. 13 in fumbles recovered with nine.
* Individually, Kay Boakye is tied for the national lead with two punt return touchdowns. Micah Roberson is No. 7 in NCAA Division III in receptions per game (8.6) and Isaac Zickafoose is No. 12 in blocked kicks (2).
* Rose-Hulman leads 10-3 overall and 8-3 in HCAC play.
* Rose-Hulman has won two straight in the series, including a 42-19 victory last year.
* Bluffton last defeated the Fightin' Engineers 31-17 during the 2014 season.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Junior Mike Riley is the NCAA all divisions (FBS, FCS, II, III) leader in sacks with 15.5.
* Senior Raymond Burtnick is tied for the NCAA Division III lead with 13 touchdown receptions.