TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and Bluffton University will meet in the 2018 Fightin' Engineer Homecoming Game on Saturday at 2 pm.
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 1-2 in HCAC play, highlighted by a 19-12 win over Manchester on Sept. 22 at Cook Stadium. The defense forced five interceptions and punter Seth Knoll pinned the Spartans inside the 10-yard line three times to play key roles in that victory.
* Last week, Rose-Hulman endured a narrow 42-39 loss at Franklin. Andrew Dion finished 25-39 passing for 337 yards and two touchdowns, Derek Deimel rushed for career-highs of 67 yards and two touchdowns, and Noah Thomas had career-bests of 15 receptions for 170 yards and two touchdowns to highlight the Franklin performance.
* Seth Knoll was named HCAC Special Teams Player of the Week after pinning Manchester inside the 20-yard line on all four of his punts. On the season, Knoll has punted seven times and all seven have ended up inside the opponent's 20-yard line.
* John Kirby was named HCAC Defensive Player of the Week for his efforts against Manchester. Kirby recorded 11 total tackles and returned an interception 25 yards to help lead the defensive performance.
* Mike Riley was a first-team preseason All-American from four national organizations after leading all of NCAA football with 17 sacks in 2017.
* Bluffton has a 1-4 record under first-year head coach Aaron Krepps. The Beavers picked up a 34-0 win over Earlham on Sept. 15.
* Plummie Gardner leads the offense with 720 passing yards on 48-97 through the air and six touchdowns.
* Drake Campbell (227 yards) leads the team in rushing and Lucas Espitia leadsd the receiving corps with four touchdown catches.
* Isaac Zickafoose received preseason All-American accolades and leads the team with six sacks. Stephan Kosakowski and Doniven Clark have three interceptions each for the defense.
* Rose-Hulman leads 11-3
* Current Streak: Rose-Hulman won 3
* HCAC Era: Rose-Hulman leads 9-3
* Last Meeting: RH 31, BU 28, 2017
* Last BU Win: BU 31, RH 17, 2014
DID YOU KNOW?
* Jeff Sokol seeks his 50th career win on Saturday, entering the contest with a 49-26 record (.653). His mark in HCAC play stands at 43-15 (.741).