TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and Mount St. Joseph meet in a matchup of two potential HCAC title contenders. Kickoff is scheduled for 4 pm on Saturday.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES (4-2, 3-1 HCAC):
* Four Rose-Hulman players have been named HCAC Players of the Week so far this season.
* Garrett Wight (Offense, Manchester); Winston Amankwah (Defense, Rhodes); Brett Tuttle (Special Teams, Manchester); and Kyzer Bowen (Special Teams, Bluffton) have earn won the weekly award.
* Wight is up to No. 4 in school history with 31 career rushing touchdowns. He has rushed for 2,381 yards, including three 100-yard performances so far this season.
* Andrew Dion stands third in Rose-Hulman history with 49 career touchdown passes. Dion was 17-19 through the air last week, increasing his career totals to 390-690 for 5,239 passing yards.
* Noah Thomas ranks 5th in Rose-Hulman history in career pass receptions (156) and receiving touchdowns (21).
* Jack Heyl leads the Rose-Hulman defense in career sacks (10) and tackles-for-loss (16.5) entering Saturday's game.
* Both the second longest interception return (97 yards by Winston Amankwah) and the second-longest pass reception (90 yards by Noah Thomas) in school history have happened this season.
* After Saturday, Rose-Hulman completes the HCAC schedule with two more home games. The Engineers face Defiance (Nov. 2) and Hanover (Nov. 9).
MOUNT ST. JOSEPH NOTES (6-0, 4-0 HCAC):
* Mount St. Joseph is receiving NCAA Division III top 25 poll votes from both D3football.com and the American Football Coaches Association in the lastest rankings.
* The Lions are on a nine-game winning streak dating back to October 2018.
* Senior quarterback Chaiten Tomlin is one of the most prolific passers in HCAC history with career totals of 737 completions in 1206 attempts (61.1%) for 10,517 yards and 126 touchdowns with just 34 interceptions.
* Defensively, Mount St. Joseph has had the last four HCAC Defensive Players of the Week entering Saturday's matchup at Rose-Hulman. Spencer Kandra has won the award twice, including his efforts last week vs. Bluffton.
* Mt. St. Joseph leads 11-6
* HCAC Era: Mt. St. Joseph leads 7-6
* Current Streak: MSJ won 1
* Last Meeting: MSJ 54, R-H 35 (2018)
* Last RH win: R-H 35, MSJ 10 (2017)
DID YOU KNOW?
* Andrew Dion is the 6th quarterback in Rose-Hulman history to pass for 5,000 career yards as a Fightin' Engineer.