TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman and Hanover meet in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Football Championship Game on Saturday at 2 pm. The winner receives an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Playoffs. Rose-Hulman has made one playoff trip in 2016; Hanover has made seven playoff trips with the most recent in 2018.
Rose-Hulman will honor its 16 seniors prior to their final home game at Cook Stadium. The senior day program begins at 1:35 pm. This year's Senior Class includes: Bryce Dobbs, Jalen Gutierrez, Caden Hellyer, Jack Heyl, Colby Horne, Kevin Kling, Eric Mitalo, Eric Morris, Alex Perez, Zach Phillips, Matt Robinson, Jake Schroeder, Jonathan Sutterer, Zach Thelen, Corey Vincent and Garrett Wight.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES (6-2, 5-1 HCAC):
* Rose-Hulman and Hanover meet in essentially a conference championship game to determine the HCAC's NCAA Division III playoff automatic qualifier.
* This marks the first time in school history that Rose-Hulman will host a winner-take-all game for an NCAA Division III playoff bid.
* Garrett Wight ranks 4th in school history with 32 career touchdown rushes.
* Wight has 2,582 career rushing yards and is just 160 yards shy of moving into Rose-Hulman's career top five.
* Noah Thomas ranks 4th in school history in career receptions (171), 4th in touchdown catches (23) and 5th in receiving yards (2,261).
* Thomas has also set a new single-season school record for receiving yards with 947 in 2019.
* Andrew Dion ranks 2nd in school history in career touchdown passes (52) and is 5th all-time in passing yards (5,520).
* The Rose-Hulman defense set school records by allowing just 39 yards of total offense and -90 rushing yards in the win over Defiance.
* Rose-Hulman is No. 2 in NCAA Division III in fewest sacks allowed (0.38 per game) and is also No. 2 in NCAA Division III in most sacks by the defense (4.25 per game).
HANOVER NOTES (7-1, 5-0 HCAC):
* Hanover stands 7-1 overall and is receiving votes in the D3football.com national top 25 this week.
* The Panthers lost their season opener at Centre and have run off seven straight wins entering this week.
* Hanover leads the HCAC in scoring (41.8 ppg), total offense (481.5 ypg), rushing yards (211.0 ypg), and third-down conversion percentage (47%).
* Hanover has allowed just 10 total points in its last four games.
* Series tied 34-34-2
* HCAC Era: Rose-Hulman leads 9-4
* Current Streak: Hanover won 1
* Last Meeting: HC 29, R-H 14 (2018)
* Last RH win: R-H 38, HC 28 (2017)