Nov 21, 2018
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's basketball team hits the road for in-state rival Wabash College on Monday night at 7:30 pm.
Rose-Hulman (2-1) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman stands 2-1 on the season after an 83-57 win at Fontbonne on Tuesday night. Eli Combs had his first career double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds, and John Czarnecki also had 14 points.
Charlie Aimone joined less than 40 Fightin' Engineers in the men's basketball 1,000-point club in the most recent win over Fontbonne. Aimone has scored 1,003 points as a Fightin' Engineer and is a two-time second-team all-HCAC selection.
Rose-Hulman has been selected as preseason favorites to win the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference basketball title this season, according to the preseason coaches poll. Rose-Hulman received 7 first-place votes, with Transylvania at 2 and Hanover at 1.
Rose-Hulman returns four starters from last season's HCAC regular season championship team. The Fightin' Engineers have reached the HCAC championship five times in the last seven years, including three trips to the NCAA Division III Tournament (2012, '13, '14).
- Ryuji Aoki currently leads RHIT in scoring at 12.7 points per game. Aimone is also in double figures at 11.0 points per game.
The Opponent: Wabash College (2-0)
- Wabash has defeated Earlham and Boyce so far this season.
- Jack Davidson leads the Little Giants in scoring at 25 points per game.
- Harrison Hallstrom is the team's second double-figure scorer at 11.0 points per game.