TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's basketball team hosts DePauw University in the 2018-19 home opener on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. The contest is Old National Bank Night - Presented by Old National Bank - and features two in-state rivals meeting for the 102nd time. DePauw leads the all-time series 56-45, but Rose-Hulman has won five of the last nine meetings.
Rose-Hulman (2-2) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman stands 2-2 on the season. The Fightin' Engineers have wins over LaGrange and Fontbonne, with losses to Louisiana College and Wabash.
Charlie Aimone joined less than 40 Fightin' Engineers in the men's basketball 1,000-point club in the most recent win over Fontbonne. Aimone has scored 1,022 points as a Fightin' Engineer and is a two-time second-team all-HCAC selection.
Rose-Hulman has been selected as preseason favorites to win the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference basketball title this season, according to the preseason coaches poll. Rose-Hulman received 7 first-place votes, with Transylvania at 2 and Hanover at 1.
Rose-Hulman returns four starters from last season's HCAC regular season championship team. The Fightin' Engineers have reached the HCAC championship five times in the last seven years, including three trips to the NCAA Division III Tournament (2012, '13, '14).
- Charlie Aimone (13.0) and Ryuji Aoki (12.5) are currently the leading scorers for the Fightin' Engineers.
The Opponent: DePauw University (3-0)
- DePauw stands 3-0 this season with wins over Franklin, Blackburn and Principia.
- DePauw currently has five players averaging in double figures. Nolan Ginther leads the balanced scoring attack at 12.7 points per game.
- Head coach Bill Fenlon is in his 27th year at DePauw with a 536-328 record. Fenlon was the head coach at Rose-Hulman for three seasons from 1989-91, with a record of 53-26.