TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's basketball team plays its second consecutive Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference road game with a trip to Mount St. Joseph on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.
Rose-Hulman (3-3, 1-0 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman stands 3-3 on the season after a 76-66 win at Defiance on Saturday. Craig McGee (20 points), Charlie Aimone (18 points) and John Czarnecki (13 points) scored in double figures in the win.
Charlie Aimone joined less than 40 Fightin' Engineers in the men's basketball 1,000-point club in the most recent win over Fontbonne. Aimone has scored 1,052 points as a Fightin' Engineer and is a two-time second-team all-HCAC selection.
- Rose-Hulman has three players averaging double figures in scoring. Charles Aimone leads the team at 13.7 points per game, with Craig McGee (11.5 ppg) and John Czarnecki (11.0) also in double figures. Ryuji Aoki (9.8 ppg) and Luke Callahan (9.0 ppg) are also key scoring contributors.
Rose-Hulman has been selected as preseason favorites to win the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference basketball title this season, according to the preseason coaches poll. Rose-Hulman received 7 first-place votes, with Transylvania at 2 and Hanover at 1.
The Opponent: Mount St. Joseph (2-3, 1-0 HCAC)
- Mount St. Joseph is also 1-0 in HCAC play after defeating Manchester 71-56 on Saturday.
- Jake Cropper has been named HCAC Player of the Week once this season and leads the team in scoring at 19.8 points per game.
- Shaun Sullivan (13.7 ppg) and Devin Young (13.2 ppg) are also double figure scorers for Mount St. Joseph.