TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's basketball team hosts Transylvania University in a showdown of two of the league's top teams on Saturday at 3 p.m. The game is presented by the Subway franchise located at 3206 Wabash Avenue in Terre Haute.
Rose-Hulman (4-3, 2-0 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman stands 4-3 on the season and 2-0 in HCAC play after earning league wins at Defiance and Mount St. Joseph in the last seven days.
- Craig McGee and Charlie Aimone have led the scoring attack in the two HCAC wins. McGee had 20 points at Defiance and 19 at Mount St. Joseph. Aimone scored 18 at Defiance and 20 at Mount St. Joseph.
The teams picked first (Rose-Hulman) and second (Transylvania) in the HCAC preseason coaches poll will face off in Saturday's matchup.
- Rose-Hulman has three players averaging double figures in scoring. Charles Aimone leads the team at 14.4 points per game, with Craig McGee (12.6 ppg) and John Czarnecki (10.0) also in double figures. Ryuji Aoki (9.3 ppg) and Luke Callahan (9.0 ppg) are also key scoring contributors.
- Aimone has crossed the 1,000-point mark at Rose-Hulman with 1,071 career points.
The Opponent: Transylvania (3-4, 1-1 HCAC)
- Transylvania defeated Bluffton 65-62 and fell 76-70 at Hanover in its first two conference games of the season.
- Cooper Theobald leads the Pioneers in scoring at 12.4 points per game.
- Other double-figure scorers for Transylvania include Devin Twenty (10.4 ppg) And Gabe Schmitt (10.0 ppg).