TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's basketball team travels to Transylvania University for an HCAC matchup on Saturday at 3 p.m. Transylvania holds an 18-11 series lead during the HCAC era, and the Pioneers won 78-75 earlier this season at Hulbert Arena.
Rose-Hulman (13-5, 9-2 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman and Hanover are tied for the HCAC lead entering Saturday's action at 9-2 in league play. Bluffton is one game behind at 8-3. Transylvania is two games behind first place at 7-4 in HCAC play.
- Rose-Hulman leads the HCAC in scoring offense (74.8 ppg), field goal percentage (47.6%), three-point percentage (38.4%), free-throw percentage (75.5%), and rebounding margin (+6.5 per game) entering Saturday's matchup at Transylvania.
- The Rose-Hulman offensive attack features four players currently averaging in double figures. Charlie Aimone leads the team at 14.4 points per game. Ryuji Aoki (12.2), Craig McGee (11.5) and Luke Callahan (10.4) are also averaging double figures for the Engineers.
- Aimone currently ranks No. 15 in Rose-Hulman history with 1,230 career points.
- Rose-Hulman has won 22 of its last 27 HCAC regular season games dating back to last season.
- After Saturday's game, Rose-Hulman hits the road to face current HCAC co-leader Hanover on Wednesday at 7:30 pm.
The Opponent: Transylvania (10-8, 7-4 HCAC)
- Transylvania had won five of its last six games, before falling to Bluffton and Hanover in its two most recent contests.
- The balanced scoring attack for Transylvania is led by Michael Jefferson at 11.6 points per game. Gabe Schmitt is adding 10.7 points per contest.
- Head coach Brian Lane has a career record of 287-185 in his 18th season at the helm.