TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's basketball team travels to Hanover College for a key HCAC matchup on Wednesday at 7:30 pm. Hanover lead the HCAC at 10-2 in conference play after winning its last seven games. Rose-Hulman is one game behind at 9-3 in league contests. The winner of Wednesday's game will move into the current No. 1 seed for next month's HCAC Tournament.
Rose-Hulman (13-6, 9-3 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Hanover holds a 1-game lead over Rose-Hulman in the HCAC standings. The Panthers have won seven straight games since Rose-Hulman defeated Hanover 74-68 on Jan. 2 at Hulbert Arena.
- Rose-Hulman leads the HCAC in scoring offense (74.6 ppg), field goal percentage (47.6%), three-point percentage (38.5%), free-throw percentage (75.8%), and rebounding margin (+5.6 per game) entering Wednesday's matchup at Hanover.
- The Rose-Hulman offensive attack features four players currently averaging in double figures. Charlie Aimone leads the team at 14.7 points per game. Ryuji Aoki (12.2), Craig McGee (11.5) and Luke Callahan (10.4) are also averaging double figures for the Engineers.
- Aimone currently ranks No. 14 in Rose-Hulman history with 1,249 career points.
- Rose-Hulman has won 22 of its last 28 HCAC regular season games dating back to last season.
- After Wednesday's game, Rose-Hulman returns home to face HCAC contender Bluffton on Saturday at 3 p.m.
The Opponent: Hanover (15-4, 10-2 HCAC)
- Hanover features the HCAC's leading scorer in preseason All-American Cam Fails (21.6 ppg).
- Fails has been named HCAC Player of the Week four times this season.
- Hanover is the two-time defending HCAC Tournament champions, highlighted by a trip to the NCAA Division III Elite Eight in 2017.