Posted: Jan 31, 2019
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Rose-Hulman heads to Bluffton University in a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's basketball matchup on Saturday at 3 pm.
Rose-Hulman (13-7, 9-4 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Hanover holds the lead in the HCAC standings by two games over Rose-Hulman, Bluffton and Transylvania. With the tournament using a 6-team format, the second-place finishing team earns a first round bye.
Rose-Hulman leads the HCAC in scoring offense (74.2 ppg), field goal percentage (47.4%), three-point percentage (37.9%), free-throw percentage (75.9%), and rebounding margin (+5.3 per game) entering Saturday's matchup with Bluffton.
- The Rose-Hulman offensive attack features four players currently averaging in double figures. Charlie Aimone, who ranks 14th in school history with 1,251 career points, leads the team at 14.1 points per game. Ryuji Aoki (12.2), Craig McGee (12.0) and Luke Callahan (10.4) are also averaging double figures for the Engineers.
- John Czarnecki has also provided scoring depth (9.6 ppg) added a career-high 26 points on Wednesday night at Hanover. McGee contributed a season-high 21 points at Hanover.
- Rose-Hulman has won 22 of its last 29 HCAC regular season games dating back to last season.
- After Saturday's game, Rose-Hulman returns home to face Franklin on Wed. Feb. 6 at 7:30 p.m.
The Opponent: Bluffton (15-5, 9-4 HCAC)
- Bluffton picked up a 72-70 road win at Mount St. Joseph in a game that was rescheduled to Thursday due to the recent exceptionally cold weather in the Midwest.
- Bluffton has won five of its last seven games entering the MSJ game. Key wins included home victories over Rose-Hulman (55-49) and Transylvania (63-52).
- Andrew Renner (17.3 ppg) leads three double figure scorers for Bluffton. Aaron Rich (11.1 ppg) and Jameel Cosby (10.8 ppg) are also in double figures for the Beavers.