TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology hosts Franklin College in a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's basketball matchup on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. Students will have a chance to win FREE BOOKS next quarter at halftime for the remaining men's and women's Wednesday basketball home games, and students can also receive FREE FOAM FINGERS and FREE LAPTOP STICKERS as part of a Herd promotion in conjunction with the Rose-Hulman Cheer Team.
MEDIA NOTES TO COME ON TUESDAY
Rose-Hulman (14-7, 10-4 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman remains in contention for the HCAC title, just one game behind Hanover entering Wednesday night. The Fightin' Engineers are tied for 2nd in the HCAC with Transylvania at 10-4 in league games.
Rose-Hulman leads the HCAC in field goal percentage (47.7%), three-point percentage (38.4%), free-throw percentage (76.5%), and rebounding margin (+5.9 per game) entering Wednesday's game. Rose-Hulman ranks 2nd in the league in scoring offense at 74.0 points per game.
- Charlie Aimone, who ranks 14th in school history with 1,263 career points, leads the team in scoring at 14.0 points per game.
- Craig McGee narrowly missed a triple-double with 9 points, 10 assists and 11 rebounds in Saturday's win over Bluffton.
- John Czarnecki scored a career-high 26 points in a narrow loss at Hanover last Wednesday night.
- Rose-Hulman has won 23 of its last 30 HCAC regular season games dating back to last season.
- After Wednesday's game, Rose-Hulman travels to Earlham for the John Mutchner Cup Game on Saturday at 4 p.m.
The Opponent: Franklin (8-13, 6-8 HCAC)
- Franklin enters Wednesday's game on a 4-game winning streak, with wins over Anderson, Defiance, Earlham and Manchester.
- Franklin is tied for 6th place in the HCAC with Manchester entering Wednesday's game. The HCAC Tournament will feature six teams later this month.
- Head coach Kerry Prather won his 500th game at Franklin earlier this season.
- Leading scorers for Franklin include Sam Gutierrez (13.7 ppg), Kale Morris (13.0 ppg) and Danny Goggans (9.6 ppg).