TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology opens the 2019-20 men's basketball season with a home matchup against NCAA Division II Oakland City University in the Old National Bank Night Men's Basketball Home Opener on Tuesday at 7:30 pm.
Rose-Hulman (0-0, 0-0 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman opens the 2019-20 men's basketball season with a home matchup against Oakland City University on Tuesday at 7:30 pm.
- Rose-Hulman finished 17-9 last season and have been picked to finish third in the HCAC this season, according to the league's preseason coaches poll.
- The Fightin' Engineers have reached the HCAC Tournament Championship Game five times in the last eight years.
- Rose-Hulman returns two starters and 10 letter winners from last season's team.
- Returning starters include D3News preseason All-American Craig McGee (12.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 4.9 apg) and senior John Czarnecki (10.3 ppg).
- Other top returning scorers include Michael Lake (4.5 ppg), Eli Combs (3.7 ppg) and Zach Callahan (3.2 ppg).
The Opponent: Oakland City Mighty Oaks (0-2)
- Oakland City has fallen to Malone and Hillsdale so far this season.
- Oakland City compiled a 24-5 record last season and won its last 19 games.
- The Mighty Oaks finished 22-1 in home games, capped by winning the Christian College National Inviation Tournament championship 105-99 over Wilberforce.
- The 2019-20 team is led in scoring by Tyler Toopes (20.0 ppg) and Javan Miller (9.0 ppg).