TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology opens the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's basketball schedule at Manchester University on Wednesday at 7:30 pm.
Rose-Hulman (2-4, 0-0 HCAC) News & Notes:
Rose-Hulman opens the HCAC schedule at Manchester on Wednesday, after being picked to finish 3rd in the league this season in the preseason coaches poll.
Craig McGee leads the Fightin' Engineers in scoring (15.8 ppg), rebounds (8.3 rpg), assists (6.3 apg) and steals (1.0 spg).
Craig McGee has career totals of 763 points, 314 rebounds and 305 assists at Rose-Hulman. The junior already ranks No. 9 in Rose-Hulman history in career assists, and needs just seven more to move into the No. 7 position.
Craig McGee was named a D3News.com Preseason Honorable Mention All-American after averaging 12.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg and 4.9 apg last season.
Zach Callahan scored a career-high 23 points in an 84-83 win over Aurora, including the final points on two free throws with five seconds left.
Trey Wurtz has also crossed the 20-point mark in a game this season, in the opening day win over Oakland City.
- Wurtz and Max Chaplin led the Fightin' Engineers in scoring with 12 points each in Sunday's 69-64 loss at Albion.
Head coach Rusty Loyd enters contest with a career record of 82-57. Loyd has led Rose-Hulman to one regular season confrence title and two appearances in the HCAC Tournament Championship Game.
Manchester (2-3, 0-0 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Manchester opens HCAC play with a 2-3 record and wins over Kalamazoo and Webster.
- DeMoines Whitney leads the Spartans in scoring at 16.2 points per game.
- CJ Hampton (16.0 ppg) and Cortiz Buckner (15.8 ppg) are also scoring in double figures.
- The Spartans are led by first-year head Coach Nate Conley, who had been assistant coach at Ohio Wesleyan University since 2013.