TERRE HAUTE, Ind -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology travels to Mount St. Joseph in a Saturday afternoon Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference matchup starting at 4 pm.
Rose-Hulman (6-6, 3-2 HCAC) News & Notes:
Rose-Hulman has won four consecutive games entering Saturday's game at Mount St. Joseph. The Fightin' Engineers have defeated Bluffton, Wabash, Hanover and Earlham, scoring 76.5 points per game and allowing 62.8.
Junior Craig McGee is the reigning HCAC Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his 23-point, 7-rebound, 7-assist performance in last Saturday's 73-57 win over Hanover.
McGee leads the Fightin' Engineers in scoring (18.7 ppg), rebounds (8.6 rpg), assists (7.2 apg) and steals (1.5 spg). He has career totals of 887 points, 367 rebounds and 352 assists (No. 4 in assists in RHIT history). McGee also had the first triple-double in Rose-Hulman history earlier this season against Defiance.
Head coach Rusty Loyd enters contest with a career record of 84-59. Loyd has led Rose-Hulman to one regular season confrence title and two appearances in the HCAC Tournament Championship Game.
- After Wednesday's game, Rose-Hulman hosts Anderson University in a key HCAC matchup on Wednesday at 7:30 pm.
Mount St. Joseph (3-9, 1-4 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Mount St. Joseph stands 1-4 in HCAC play with an 85-59 win over Earlham on Dec. 7.
- Brady Thomas leads the Lions in scoring at 16.2 points per game. Devin Young (11.9 ppg) and Tanner Clos (11.8 ppg) also average double figures.
- Ninth-year head coach Toby Carrigan has a career record of 118-103 at Mount St. Joseph.
- Mount St. Joseph won the 2016 HCAC Tournament and advanced to the HCAC Tournament Championship Game in 2017.