TERRE HAUTE, Ind -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology will host the Franklin Grizzlies on Wednesday at 7:30 pm. The first 200 students attending the game will receive a free hot dog and soft drink, and one student hitting a halfcourt shot at halftime will take home free books next quarter.
Rose-Hulman (11-10, 8-6 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Rose-Hulman enters a key HCAC matchup with Franklin College on Wednesday after a tough loss to the Transylvania Pioneers last Saturday.
- Craig McGee became the 31st men's basketball player in Rose-Hulman history to cross the 1,000-point mark in a career. McGee has 1,031 points and ranks No. 3 in RHIT history with 408 assists.
- McGee ranks No. 2 in the HCAC in scoring (17.4 ppg) and rebounding (8.3 rpg), and is No. 1 in the conference in assists (6.7 apg).
- McGee has crossed the 20-point mark in a game on 10 occasions this season.
- John Czarnecki has crossed the 900-point mark in his career (950) and has two double-doubles this season.
Head coach Rusty Loyd enters contest with a career record of 91-63. Loyd has led Rose-Hulman to one regular season conference title and two appearances in the HCAC Tournament Championship Game.
After facing the Grizzlies, Rose-Hulman will hit the road to face Defiance on Saturday at 3 pm.
Franklin (14-7, 10-4 HCAC) News & Notes:
- Franklin currently stands at the top of the HCAC after defeating Manchester University on Saturday with a final of 84-61.
- Matt Krause is the teams leading scorer this season averaging 14.0 points per game.
- After facing the Engineers, the team will host Anderson University on Saturday at 3 pm.