TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's soccer team continues their home schedule hosting Greenville University on Tuesday, 9/3 at 7:00 PM.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes:
* Rose-Hulman was able to defeat the North Central Cardinals in their home opener last Friday with a final score of 1-0 to improve to 1-0 on the season.
* Eric Kirby scored the lone goal in the North Central win, and Pascal Schlee had four saves to record the shutout in goal.
* For his efforts on Friday night, Schlee was named the HCAC Defensive Player of the Week.
* The Fightin' Engineers are coming off a 9-6-3 season and reached the HCAC Tournament semifinal round in 2018.
* Rose-Hulman has won six HCAC regular season titles and made five NCAA Division III Tournament appearances since 2008.
* Rose-Hulman has finished in the top three in HCAC regular season action for eight consecutive years.
* The Fightin' Engineers return four all-HCAC honorees from the 2018 season. Returning all-conference award winners include Ethan Butler (1st team), Wyatt McKibbon (2nd team), Pascal Schlee (2nd team) and Ryan Tarr (2nd team).
* Butler was chosen third-team United Soccer Coaches all-Great Lakes Region in 2018.
* The returning scorers from last season include Travis Bednarek (6 goals, 13 points) and Ryan Tarr (4 goal, 8 points)
* Pascal Schlee compiled a 9-6-3 record with nine shutouts, 56 saves, a .778 save percentage and a 0.84 goals against average last season.
The Opposition: Greenville Panthers
* The Panthers finished 15-5-2 last season and 6-2-1 in the SLIAC.
* Jared McPeek is the team's leading returning scorer with 16 goals, 4 assists, and 36 points last season.
* Nick Holland stands in the goal for the Panthers and compiled a .98 goals against average, 60 saves, and a .769 save percentage last season.