TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology opens the 2019 portion of the men's tennis season with matchups against two nationally ranked teams this weekend. Both matches will be played at the Wabash Valley Tennis Center.
Sat. Feb. 9 - Rose-Hulman vs. #18 Case Western Reserve - 4 pm
Sun. Feb. 10 - Rose-Hulman vs. #9 Washington (Mo.) - 2:30 pm
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES (0-0, 0-0 HCAC)
* The men's tennis has won four straight HCAC championships and made four straight NCAA Division III Tournament appearances heading into the 2019 season
* Rose-Hulman has won 39 consecutive matches against HCAC competition and has not lost to an HCAC opponent since May 2014. HCAC action begins March 30.
* This year's schedule includes two matches against NCAA Division I opposition; three matches against NCAA D-II foes; and three matches with preseason top 40 ranked D-III foes
* Ian Landwehr was named HCAC Player of the Year and ended the 2018 season ranked No. 40 nationally in the ITA singles rankings, after finishing 22-3 and a perfect 19-0 against D-III competition
* Rose-Hulman finished the 2018 season at No. 18 in the ITA NCAA Division III Central Region rankings
* Last fall, Rose-Hulman set a program record by winning 14 total matches at the ITA Central Regional
* Rose-Hulman finished 17-11 last season. RHIT lost 4 times to NCAA Division I teams and 4 times to top 40 ranked NCAA Division III teams.
* Case Western is ranked #18 nationally in the preseason ITA rankings.
* Case Western finished 17-10 last season. Eight of its 10 losses were to NCAA Division III top 30 ranked teams; the other two were against NCAA Division I opposition.
* Washington (Mo.) is ranked #9 nationally in the preseason ITA rankings.
* Washington (Mo.) was 17-9 last season. Eight of its 9 losses were to ITA nationally top 30 ranked teams.