TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology has postponed its scheduled men's tennis match at Hanover College until April 27 due to projected weather. The Fightin' Engineers are still scheduled to travel to Franklin College for a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference match on Saturday April 20 at 4 pm.
Sat., April 20 - RHIT at Franklin- 4:00 PM
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES (9-9, 5-0 HCAC)
* Ian Landwehr is ranked No. 13 individually in the Central Region in the April 11 ITA player regional rankings. Landwehr is 13-4 overall and 12-3 in dual matches against the outstanding schedule RHIT has played.
* As a team, Rose-Hulman is ranked No. 18 in the ITA Central Region rankings published April 11.
* RHIT has faced one of the toughest schedules in the nation this season, including three top 25 ranked NCAA Division III teams, two NCAA Division II teams and one NCAA Division I squad.
* Andre Adam has recorded 13 wins in singles competition to rank second on the team as an individual.
* 31st year head coach Dan Hopkins will retire following the 2019 season. Hopkins has crossed the 300-win threshold on the men's side and has over 450 combined men's and women's victories at Rose-Hulman.
* The men's tennis team has won four straight HCAC championships and made four straight NCAA Division III Tournament appearances entering 2019.
* Rose-Hulman has won 44 consecutive matches against HCAC competition and has not lost to an HCAC opponent since May 2014.
THE OPPOSITION: Franklin Grizzlies
* Franklin stands at 7-7 overall and 4-1 in the HCAC so far this season after a lost to Hanover with a final of 9-0.
* After their match against the Engineers, the team will travel to take on Earlham on Saturday, 4/27 at 11:00 AM.