TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Members from the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's tennis team will compete at the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Central Regional in Kalamazoo this weekend.
Rose-Hulman players will compete in individual tournaments starting Friday morning at Kalamazoo College in Michigan.
Play continues through singles and double championship matches on Sunday.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman seniors Ian Landwehr and Austin Perry earned spots in the ITA Central Regional. The field has become significantly more selective in 2019 than in previous years.
* Ian Landwehr is a two-time HCAC Player of the Year and was the HCAC Tournament Most Valuable Player in 2019
* Landwehr currently holds Rose-Hulman's career school record for singles winning percentage (40-7, .851)
* Landwehr finished the 2018 season ranked No. 40 nationally in the ITA D-III singles rankings
* Perry is a two-time first-team all-HCAC selection. He enters the season with a 40-38 career singles record and a doubles mark of 43-34
* The men's tennis has won five straight HCAC championships and made five straight NCAA Division III Tournament appearances
* Rose-Hulman enters the 2020 season on a 47-match winning straight against HCAC opposition dating back to 2014
* Rose-Hulman finished the 2018 season at No. 17 in the ITA NCAA Division III Central Region rankings