TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology opens its "Friday Night Spikes Series" of January indoor meets with the season opener on Jan. 11 at the Sports and Recreation Center.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes:
* Rose-Hulman won the HCAC "Double Triple Crown" in 2018. The Fightin' Engineers swept the HCAC men's and women's team championships in cross country, indoor track and field, and outdoor track and field to accomplish the feat.
* Rose-Hulman enters the 2019 indoor track and field season with 19 consecutive Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference team championships. The men have won 11 consecutive HCAC outdoor championships and 8 straight HCAC indoor titles.
* The women's program earned its second indoor and first outdoor HCAC team championship in 2018. The only previous team track and field title for the Rose-Hulman women came during the 2011 indoor season.
* Since joining the HCAC in 2006, Rose-Hulman student-athletes have combined to win 223 HCAC individual and relay event championships.
* Returning 2018 HCAC indoor event champions for this season include: Clare Bruns (4-x-400 relay); Lois Cheatham (4-x-400 relay); Lauren London (60-meter hurdles and long jump); Adekite Oladipupo (4-x-200 relay); Aaron Lannoy (800-meter run); and Matthew Stevenot (3,000-meter run)
* Team competing in the Friday Night Invitational include: Hanover, Manchester, Rose-Hulman, Washington (Mo.)
* After this weekend's action, Rose-Hulman will return home for the Friday Night Invitational on Jan. 18. That meet will also begin at 6 p.m.
4:30 pm Field house opens
6:00 pm Women's Shot Put (men to follow)
Men's Weight Throw (women to follow)
Men's long jump (women to follow) / 4 jumps
Women's high jump (men to follow)
Men's pole vault (women to follow)
Men's triple jump (follows LJ) / 4 jumps
Women's triple jump (follows men's TJ) / 4 jumps
6:15 pm 60 meter dash semifinals (women followed by men) (Eight fastest times advance to final)
60 meter hurdles semifinals (Eight fastest times advance to final)
6:45 pm 4 x 200 meter relay (Women followed by men)
7:00 pm Mile run
7:20 pm 60 meter hurdles finals
7:30 pm 400 meter dash (sections on time)
7:50 pm 60 meter dash finals
8:00 pm 800 meter run (sections on time)
8:15 pm 200 meter dash (sections on time)
8:35 pm 3000 meter run
9:20 pm 4 x 400 meter relay
9:35 pm Estimated conclusion of meet
*Faster sections will run first. Women followed by men.