REVISED & FINAL MEET TIME SCHEDULE BELOW
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology will open the 2019 outdoor track and field season with its own Early Bird Invitational on Saturday. The meet begins at 12:30 pm (full schedule below).
Rose-Hulman News & Notes:
* Rose-Hulman has won the team title at 20 consecutive Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's track and field championship events. The Fightin' Engineers have 11 straight Outdoor titles and 9 straight Indoor championships.
* Rose-Hulman has also won the team title at the last three HCAC women's track and field championship events. The Fightin' Engineers won the 2018 and 2019 HCAC indoor titles and are the reigning 2018 Outdoor champions.
* Nick Palmer qualified for the NCAA Division III Indoor National Championships and is finished 14th overall by clearing 15' 1" last weekend in Boston.
* Lauren London set five school records and won four individual events at the 2019 HCAC indoor championships.
* Eric Fiacable (hammer) and Trey Sykes (triple jump) are reigning outdoor All-Americans from last season. Both finished 4th in the NCAA Division III Outdoor National Championships in 2019.
* Larry Cole won his 23rd HCAC Coach of the Year award earlier this season. Cole has won 25 conference Coach of the Year awards during his collegiate career.
* Rose-Hulman ended the season ranked No. 6 on the men's side and No. 8 on the women's side in the USTFCCCA Great Lakes Region rankings.
* Competing teams on Saturday include Baldwin-Wallace, Defiance, DePauw, Franklin, St. Norbert, Thomas More, Triton and Rose-Hulman.
* After this weekend's meet, Rose-Hulman returns to action at Washington University (Mo.) on Sept. 23.
12:30 pm Men's Long Jump (South Pit)
Women's Long Jump (North Pit)
Women's High Jump (men to follow)
Men's Pole Vault - Indoors (women to follow)
Men's Hammer (women to follow)
Women's Discus (men to follow)
Men's Javelin – East Fields - Grass (women to follow)
Shot Put to follow Hammer/Discus
Triple jump to follow Long Jump
12:30 pm Men's 5000 m Run (Section #1)
12:50 pm 3000 m Steeplechase (men)
1:05 pm 4 x 100 m Relay
1:15 pm 3000 m Steeplechase (women)
1:35 pm 1500 meter Run
1:55 pm 110/100 meter Hurdles
2:10 pm 400 m Dash
2:30 pm 100 m Dash
2:50 pm 800 m Run
3:10 pm 400 m Hurdles
3:25 pm 200 m Dash
3:55 pm 5000 m Run (women then men's Section #2)
4:35 pm 4 x 400 m Relay
4:45 pm Estimated conclusion of meet