TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology squares off with No. 25 ranked Illinois Wesleyan on Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Midwest Challenge, hosted by DePauw University.
THE BRACKET (NOTE: First ranking is D3hoops.com; second ranking is WBCA poll)
Saturday Nov. 25 - at DePauw University
Washington University (Mo.) 89, Illinois Wesleyan 81 - BOX SCORE
DePauw 55, Rose-Hulman 49 - RECAP / BOX SCORE
WHAT IS THE MIDWEST CHALLENGE?
* The Midwest Challenge is one of the longest running women's basketball tournaments in the Midwest. This is the 25th Anniversary of an event including DePauw, Illinois Wesleyan and Washington (Mo.).
* A fourth team has been added to the tournament at various times. Rose-Hulman makes its first appearance in the Challenge this season and has committed to participate in future seasons.
* The Midwest Challenge is perhaps the only in-season tournament that includes four teams that appeared in the 2017 NCAA Division III Women's Basketball Tournament.
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES (2-2, 0-0 HCAC)
* Rose-Hulman completes a span of four consecutive games against nationally ranked teams with today's matchup against Illinois Wesleyan.
* Rose-Hulman knocked off #22/#25 Chicago by a 64-62 count on Tuesday night. The Fightin' Engineers narrowly fell to #13/#4 Hope 63-58 last weekend in the title game of the Hope Tip-off Tournament.
* The Fightin' Engineers received votes in both preseason national top 25 polls for the first time in program history this season.
* Ally Bromenschenkel and Chiarra Franklin were named to the all-tournament team for their efforts at Hope. Bromenschenkel is the team's leading scorer and rebounder (17.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg) and Franklin is also averaging double figures this season (10.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg).
* The Fightin' Engineers have a record of 1-2 all-time against Illinois Wesleyan, winning two years ago at Hulbert Arena.
* Rose-Hulman is led by 12th-year head coach Jon Prevo, with a career record of 148-144. The Fightin' Engineers have a record of 49-10 since the start of the 2015-16 season.
ILLINOIS WESLEYAN NEWS & NOTES (2-2, 0-0 CCIW)
* Illinois Wesleyan finished 18-10 last season and reached the NCAA Tournament, falling to Trine in the opening round.
* The Titans are currently ranked No. 25 by D3hoops.com and receiving votes from the WBCA. Illinois Wesleyan has wins over Colorado College and Chicago, with losses to No. 20 Wisconsin-Whitewater and No. 10 Washington (Mo.).
* Double-figure scorers for the Titans (entering this weekend) include Molly McGraw (13.7 ppg), Maddie Merritt (13.7 ppg) and Rebekah Ehresman (13.0 ppg).
* Illinois Wesleyan is led by 20th-year head coach Mia Smith, with a career record of 366-161.